Just out Madhyamik result of 2011. This year total 998067 students sat on the exam which is 58000 more than last year. 785266 students passed the exam. Rate of passing in WBSE is quite low if compared with CBSE or ICSE. Only 80.57% students passed the exam which is 1.21% lower than last year. Last year passing rate was 81.78%. Even this time students from districts like Bankura, Bardhaman and East Medinipur scored better than students from Kolkata.
- Top 6 students in the top 8 list are from Bankura, 1 from Burdwan and 1 from Kolkata. See Toppers in Madyamik West Bengal Secondary Examination 2011.
- Only 8 students got AA (90% – 100%) marks in all 7 subjects, 293 students got AA (90% – 100%) marks in 6 out of 7 subjects and 1098 students got AA (90% – 100%) marks in 5 out all 7 subjects.
- East Medinipur has the highest passing rate of 89.33%. Kolkata has the second highest passing rate of 86.30% and South 24 Parganas is at 3rd position with 84.43%.
- Purulia district has the lowest passing rate of only 65.35%.
- 140 out of 150 blind students passed the exam this time.
- 48 out of 51 students who gave exam from jail passed.
Date for next year exam also announced today.