Bhai fota history
According to Rig Veda, Yama and Yamuna were twins born Surya. One day yamuna go to see her brother and invited Yama to her house. When Yama, the god of death visited his sister and prayed for his well being.
Bhai pota, bhai Dooj or Bhai Tika is a popular Hindu festival celebrated in the state of west Bengal on the Dwitiya or the second or third day after the Kali puja. Where the sister put a mark of sandalwood paste mixed with curd on her brother forehead with her left hand little finger thrice, while reciting a traditional rhyme-
ভাইয়ের কপালে দিলাম ফোঁটা, যমের দুয়ারে পড়ল কাঁটা।
যমুনা দেয় যমকে ফোঁটা, আমি দিই আমার ভাইকে ফোঁটা॥
যমুনার হাতে ফোঁটা খেয়ে যম হল অমর।
আমার হাতে ফোঁটা খেয়ে আমার ভাই হোক অমর॥
Both of the siblings exchange gifts and the sister pray for her brother’s safety, well being, success and blessing. It is a big excitement and popular festival that strengthens the beautiful bond of love and affection between a brother and his sister.
Bhai fota time in 2016
Bhai Dooj Tika Time = 12:26 to 14:41
Duration = 2 Hours 14 Mins
Dwitiya Tithi Begins = 01:39 on 1/Nov/2016
Dwitiya Tithi Ends = 04:11 on 2/Nov/2016
Top 10 SMS  for Bhai Pota or Bhai Dooj
- You can share your pain;
You can share your fears;
And you can share your happiness
Thanks for being a very understanding brother!
Happy Bhaiya Pota!
- You were always my best friend,
Looking out for me, making sure
The path I travelled on was smooth.
Even if I searched the world over,
There cannot be a better brother than you.
Happy Bhai Fota!
- Like the love of Lord Krishna for his sister Subhadra,
All brothers should love their sister and
Like the blessings of Subhadra for his brother Krishna,
All sisters should always pray for their Brothers.
Happy Bhai Dooj.
- Bhai Dooj is festival of prayers from sister to brother, brother’s protection for her sister. May this year we all celebrate it with even more love and protection for our sisters and brothers. Best wishes on this Bhai Dooj.
- This is for the most wonderful sister of this world, Thank you sister for always being there on my side and for helping me in those infinite ways which I cannot even remember. Happy Bhai Fota!.
- It leaves a smile on my face when I think of those trifling fights we had and suddenly used to make up. The memories may fade away with passing time but the love we share will only grow. Happy Bhai dooj Dear Sister.
- We laugh and cry we play and fight.
We shared moments of happiness and sorrows which made our bond stronger.
Happy Bhai Fota to you Sister.
- My brother is my best friend.
You stand by me when I am alone you make feel happy when I am low.
Thanks for being for me always Dear Brother.
Happy Bhai Fota.
- Bhaiyaa, you are someone
I admire and look up to,
With lots and lots of love wishing you
Happy Bhai Dooj
- Before I utter anything you understand.
You have been my friend to whom I can share all my secrets.
I love you my darling sister.
Happy Bhai Pota.